The Gyeonggi International Ceramic Biennale (GICB) is pleased to announce that it is receiving entries for the 2013 Special Exhibition, <HOT Rookies>. The event is open for young and talented artists with the hope of providing them with the opportunity to develop their creativity. The GICB is taking a new initiative seeking to discover new talents for the future through this international competition.
The GICB 2013 is now waiting for your participation.
Take the challenge, the opportunity has come for you! Apply now!
- Age of Eligibility : Open to international and domestic applicants under 40
- Selected Number of Participants : 20
- Deadline : 3 December(Mon) ~ 19 December(Wed), 2012
- Method of Application : Strictly limited to online application
Conditions for Application and Submission of Artwork
- 1. Applicants must be under the age of 40(date of birth must exceed 1 January, 1972)
- 2. Applicants are permitted to apply as an individual or as a team (1 team is equivalent to 1 individual applicant)
- 3. Submitted artworks must be either newly created or no more than two years in making. Artworks publicized and printed for other previous events will not be accepted.
- 4. Only clay pieces and clay combined with other materials are acceptable.
- 5. Selected artworks will be displayed in a given space (approximately 5m×5m, this will be notified later), submitted artworks must coincide with this scale.
About the Exhibition
- Title : HOT Rookies
- Duration : 28 September(Sat) ~ 17 November 2013(Sun), for 51 Days
- Place : Icheon CeraMix Creativity Center, Halls 1 and 2(1004.28㎡), 2nd Floor
- Theme : Paradoxical Aesthetics
- Exhibition Method : Omnibus Exhibition
- Thematic Conceptions : Alienation, Resistance, Anti-Culture, Syndromes, Parody,
Deviation, Amusement, and more. Subjects that are related to the pathological human condition in modern society based on material civilization. The focus is on discovering outstanding translations on the above subjects by young individuals to assemble broken social fragments together to form a community.
GICB Support for Participants
- 1. A sum of 2,000 US dollars (approximately 2,200,000 Korean won) will be funded for
material and packaging (1 team is equivalent to 1 individual participant).
- 2. Transportation of Artwork and Insurance
- Artworks will be transported door to door and GICB will take full
responsibility of insurance only from the arrival to the departure of artworks from the
- The insurance price for artworks will rely on the value stated by the participant.
- With the GICB fund participants must take full responsibility of packaging
artworks prior to the arrival in Korea, GICB will not be responsible for this.
GICB will take full responsibility of packaging and returning artworks after
the termination of exhibition.
- 3. Each participant will be given 3 copies of the exhibition catalogue.
- Team participants will be given 1 copy per person.
- GICB must have all rights to photograph and to use images of submitted artworks
for the exhibition catalogue and other printed materials.
Submission of Information
(All information must be submitted online. We do not accept information sent by post-mail)
- 1. Applicant's Resume/CV ( download form)
- 2. Description on Artwork
- 3. 10 images for the submission of 10 artworks is requested
(1100 pixel and higher in resolution, JPG file format)
- Images should include at least 5 or more pieces possible for exhibition
- Detailed images of artworks are permitted only as additional information and not as
a part of the 10 images for the required artworks.
- 4. Brief display plan for exhibiting applicant's artworks must be submitted.
- Screening Date : 20 December 2012 (Mon) ~ 5 January 2013(Sat)
- Announcement : 7 January 2013 (Mon) from 12:00 Hours (noon, local time)
Final announcement will be presented on our webpage and the selected
participants will be notified through e-mail
- Method of screening : Stage 1 (Assessing conditions for qualification) > Stage 2 (Examining
artworks) > Stage 3 (Overview of all submitted information)
Conditions for Screening and Jury Committee
- 1. Conditions
- Stage 1 : Screening submitted information, assessing qualification
- Stage 2 : Examining artworks with focus on innovative ideas, creativity, technical
individuality, effective use of material
- Stage 3 : Overview on all submitted information, exhibition plan and future prospects for
* The jury committee will decide on the number of artworks that will be displayed in
- 2. Jury Committee
- Screening Stages 1, 2 : GICB 2013 Seoul Office
- Stage 3 : GICB Jury Committee Members
* The final selection will be announced together with the members of the jury
committee following the conditions set for selection
Points of Consideration
- 1. Submitted information will not be returned, only artworks will be returned.
- 2. Submitted information will be used for promotion of the GICB 2013 and also for
- 3. All Artworks are not permitted to leave the exhibition space during the exhibition period.
- 4. Artworks will be returned within 2 months after the termination of exhibition.
- 5. The participant is responsible for packaging artworks prior to the arrival at the
GICB 2013 exhibition space. GICB will take full responsibility of packaging and
- 6. The participant is required to submit an inventory form stating the condition of artwork
when sending it to GICB (please refer to addendum form).
For further information:
GICB 2013 Seoul Office
MH 1113, 72-1, Sangsu-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul 121-791 Republic of Korea
Tel: (+82) 02 3143 6903 Fax: (+82) 02 3143 6904
Webpage: www.kocef.org Email: email@example.com